My Latest News
- October 2020: I wrote a guest post for Fiction University all about tackling revisions: Taylor Swift's Lyricism Provides a Perfect Revision Checklist
- May 2020: GHOSTING: A LOVE STORY comes out this month, and sold foreign translation rights to France!
- February 2020: FAME ADJACENT was listed in an EZvid Wiki, "Fun Books To Get You Out Of Your Reading Slump"!
- January 2020: Happy New Year! GHOSTING: A LOVE STORY is going international! We've sold foreign rights to the UK, Germany (which will include Austria and Switzerland), Czech Republic, Spain, and Portugal. I've never had a book translated into another language before so this is extra special for me.
- May 2019: Pop Culture Challenge with Helena Hunting over at Frolic and nice mentions at Daily Break and The Nerd Daily! I also had a nice long chat with Anthony Breznican over at Sirius FM's EW Radio, an offshoot of Entertainment Weekly.
- April 2019: My interview for the Reading with Robin podcast is up, and FAME ADJACENT appeared in Entertainment Weekly's Must List for the April 15 / 22 issue.
- April 2019: FAME ADJACENT has been featured at Go Fug Yourself, Refinery29, HelloGiggles, Women.com, Bookish.com, Chicklit Club, New in Books, and Fresh Fiction.
- April 2019: Reviews are in! FAME ADJACENT received a starred review from Publishers Weekly and was a PW Pick of the Week.
- January 2019: Release dates: FAME ADJACENT will be available in the US on April 9th, 2019 from Grand Central Publishing, and June 27th in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand from Orion Publishing Group!
- August 2018: I sold my next novel! Publishers Marketplace has the scoop:
Sarah Skilton's FAME ADJACENT, in which the sole cast member from a 1990s song-and-dance show for kids (a la the Mickey Mouse Club) who didn't become famous decides to confront her famous ex-friends 25 years later during a televised special reunion, to Maddie Caldwell at Grand Central, by Victoria Marini at Irene Goodman Agency (world English).
- January 2018: Club Deception is part of the Women of Mystery collection for mysteries and thrillers featuring fierce female protagonists, sleuths, or diabolical subjects! For a limited time, the eBook will be priced on Amazon at $3.99 from Monday, January 8th through Monday, January 22nd. It has also been picked up by other eBook retailers. Links below!
- · iBooks
- August 27, 2017: Westchester Magazine named Club Deception one of its "Six Noteworthy Reads to Spur Your Summer Send-off"!
- August 9th, 2017: My podcast interview with Paperback Radio is now live.
- August 4, 2017: I was interviewed by Entertainment Weekly about the role of women in magic!
- CLUB DECEPTION will be available in bookstores nationwide, as well as online (in paperback, e-book, and audio) July 25, 2017!
- December 8, 2016: My latest post for the Barnes & Noble blog might help you with your holiday shopping: 10 Must-Read Novels of 2016. Enjoy!
- October 10th, 2016: I'm interviewed in the October/November issue of Shelf Unbound Magazine, alongside an article I wrote: "Great Japanese Books in Translation that Aren't by Haruki Murakami."
- May 10th, 2016: My first novel for adults, CLUB DECEPTION, sold to Grand Central for a Summer 2017 release! Huge thanks to agent Victoria Marini and editor Maddie Caldwell. From Publishers Marketplace:
Sarah Skilton's CLUB DECEPTION, chronicling life behind the velvet curtain of a private magic club in downtown Los Angeles, depicting the scandals, rivalries, and murder that surround a group of modern-day magicians and the women who love, inspire, or control them, to Maddie Caldwell at Grand Central, by Victoria Marini at Gelfman Schneider/ICM.
- On Saturday, May 7th, 2016, I'll be signing my YA books at the Palmdale Book Fest from noon to 4pm. More info here.
- On Saturday, April 9th, 2016, I'll be at the L.A. Times Festival of Books signing copies of BRUISED and HIGH & DRY from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 at the SCBWI-LA booth!
- February 7, 2015 - Thrilled to say I'm represented by Victoria Marini of the Irene Goodman Agency. She tweets @LitAgentMarini
- December 13, 2014 - Teens @ Central recommends HIGH & DRY to readers who like books written from a male character's POV.
- December 11, 2014 - The Casual Optimist lists HIGH & DRY as one of the best YA covers of 2014. Check out the pretty.
- October 14, 2014 - BRUISED is an Arkansas Teen Book Award nominee.
- August 26th, 2014 - I wrote a Hit List: Noir for the Los Angeles Review of Books all about teen and tween noir, including the best hardboiled lines from each book.
- August 21st, 2014- BRUISED has been nominated by the Missouri Association of School Librarians for a 2015-2016 Readers' Award.
- July 8th, 2014 - Mabel's Fables Bookstore in Toronto says this about HIGH & DRY: “It's a marriage of genres so perfectly done, one wonders why this teenage Humphrey Bogart isn't already a series."
- June 6th, 2014 - BRUISED is a Bank Street Best Book of the Year, ages 14 and up.
- April 20, 2014 - YALSA's The Hub discusses how YA novels, including BRUISED, deal with the topic of shootings.
- April 15th, 2014 - HIGH & DRY is released, as well as the brand-new paperback for BRUISED!
- April 2014 - BRUISED has been named a 2014 TriState Review Book of Note. They call it, “powerful and beautifully written."
- March 17th, 2014 - BRUISED has been nominated by the Maryland Association of School Librarians for a 2014-2015 Black-Eyed Susan Book award. That means high school students throughout Maryland will be reading books from this list and voting on their favorites. I'm very excited to be included!
- February 24, 2014 - HIGH AND DRY is a staff pick at McNally Jackson books in New York City. They call it, “Clever, fast-paced, smart."
- February 19th, 2014 - Kirkus Reviews calls HIGH AND DRY “A dark, well-constructed mystery with a strong voice."
- November 26, 2012: SOLD: My second Young Adult book, a mystery called HIGH AND DRY, again to Maggie Lehrman at Abrams/Amulet, for publication in 2014. Read all about it!
- I'll be at the 6th Annual Santa Clarita Arts & Literacy Festival on Saturday, December 1st, handing out postcards and invites to my launch party and book signing. Hope to see you there!
- October 31st, 2012: Happy Halloween! You still have one day to read my guest post at Iceybooks' blog and enter the giveaway for my book BRUISED and Cat Winters' IN THE SHADOW OF BLACKBIRDS. Good luck!
- September 27, 2012: BRUISED has a release date and a cover! Ooh, ahh. Look for my book in stores & online March 5, 2013.
- September 10, 2012: I wrote a guest post answering the question, Who is the narrator of your story, and how did you decide? Courtesy of Lisa Gail Green.
- July 9, 2012: Curious about my typical day? (...Maybe?) Here it is in all its messy glory, complete with photos, courtesy of Sophia the Writer.
- April 16, 2012: My line edits for BRUISED arrived. Read about my terror and joy here.
- January 21, 2012: My husband and I had a baby boy! He's an Aquarius, whatever that means. Details here.
- October 13, 2011: The Lucky 13s, a group of Children's and Young Adult authors, launched our blog. Join us as we roll the dice and navigate the world of publishing in the year leading up to our book launches.
- June 20, 2011: My Publishers Marketplace listing went live!